Area Blind and Low-Vision Support Groups
- The Friendship Council of the Blind or the Joplin Blind Service Club--Contact MoBlind@MoBlind.Org
Online Blind and Low-Vision Resources
- Missouri Council of the Blind.
- Missouri Rehabilitation Services for the Blind for information about the services RSB provide to blind and low-vision Missourians.
- Wolfner Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped for a full description of the books available from Wolfner Library and how to access those books.
- Missouri School for the Blind for information on the curriculum and enrollment.
- American Foundation for the Blind for a wealth of information including tips on living with vision loss, links to great resources, employment and education resources, and Braille information.
For more information on advocacy, support, or resources contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 417-659-8086 or 800-346-8951.
Blind Dollars Initiative
This initiative urges the government to begin making currency identifiable by touch. For more information, check out their website at www.blinddollars.org.